Got my box of parts from Adafruit today. You can see in the picture (top to bottom, left to right):
- FeatherWing Doubler - Prototyping Add-on For All Feather Boards
- US Quarter Dollar. Because scale.
- Adafruit Feather M0 Bluefruit LE
- Adafruit Ultimate GPS FeatherWing
- FeatherWing OLED - 128x32 OLED Add-on For All Feather Boards
- DHT22 temperature-humidity sensor + extras
Not pictured is Lithium Ion Battery - 3.7v 2000mAh that I plan to use while I figure out power.
Man that display is small for a 2-3 foot viewing distance. Like 4x too small. At least. Well anyway, it’s POC, and I don’t think the display is the hard part. So there.
I’m going to try and bring up the Feather with a blinky LED to make sure that PlatformIO and the Feather are happy with each other. Then I think I have to solder a header or two on these things to get them all to plug together.
Current R0 Master Plan:
- Feather bringup with PlatformIO
- Solder headers on Feather and OLED
- Bringup OLED
- Solder headers on GPS
- Bringup GPS
- Solder headers on Doubler
- Install everyone, make sure they still run
- Find analog pin for DHT
- Hook up temporary DHT for bringup
- Bringup DHT
- Finalize location and install DHT
- Make sure everything still runs
- Turd polishing GUI (futz around for too long making the GUI just right, and still be mad at it)
- Rubber bands or zip tie to handlebars
- Road test
- Verify speed
- Verify altitude