Feather bringup with PlatformIO was uneventful. I was able to
platformio run -t upload with a blinking LED no problems. I even changed the duty cycle so that I wasn’t confused by the blinking LED example that was probably already running from the factory.
OLED bringup was similarly uneventful – the Adafruit example needed some reorganization, as the default compiler settings seemed to be crabby about calling functions without a prototype. No big deal, just moved the
setup function definition below everyone else.
GPS bringup. Again, uneventful. I was able to get a fix fairly quickly, even in my house. Data updated once per second as expected. Right this second I have an accurate clock on the OLED, updating every second. That’s half of the stated functionality!
- DONE Feather bringup with PlatformIO
- DONE Solder headers on Feather and OLED
- DONE Bringup OLED
- DONE Solder headers on GPS
- DONE Bringup GPS
- DONE Solder headers on Doubler
- DONE Install everyone, make sure they still run
- Find analog pin for DHT
- Hook up temporary DHT for bringup
- Bringup DHT
- Finalize location and install DHT
- Make sure everything still runs
- Turd polishing GUI (futz around for too long making the GUI just right, and still be mad at it)
- Rubber bands or zip tie to handlebars
- Road test
- Verify speed
- Verify altitude